Professional development is a complement to our classroom presentations, and grew from the request of school-based health providers.
We designed a 90-minute to three-hour program on teen mental health for school administrators and staff, including, front office staff, teachers, security guards, and after-school providers.
Youth suicide prevention and mental illness stigma is a complex issue. Our structured presentations are tailored to meet the needs of each group…and focus on:
- Recognizing the mental health challenges youth face in New Mexico today,
- Gaining insight into the support individuals with an illness and their families need,
- Planting the seeds for building the case for increasing student access to mental health education and professionals,
- Establishing mental illness, suicide, and anti-stigma education as critical to health education; and,
- Gathering tools and resources for yourself, your classroom, and school community.